Sunday, May 10, 2009

our story

first of all happy mothers day to my mom and my sisters and all other moms out there! i hope you all have a WONDERFUL day because you deserve it.

now i have had a million people ask me HOW Clair popped the question. so here's our story!
i went into work on a monday morning and when i got there one of the managers told me i had the day off and clair was here to pick me up and spend the day with me since he'd be leaving. You would think that would be the hint that it was coming but i was convinced it wasn't going to happen before he left so i just really thought we were going to spend the day together. so i got in the car and we started driving up to salt lake to go to the Gateway..an outdoors mall that we really like.. and we stopped in draper to get something to eat. after we got back on the road we got off just 2 exits later.. i tried convincing clair this was the WRONG exit and that i know more about malls than he does but he said he knew a round about way..thats when we pulled up the Shane Co.. the Jewelry store where i had picked out my ring online.

we went in .. still in shock.. and asked if they had the ring...the guy looks it up online and said he wasn't sure..he went back to look and came back out with the ring. now while he was back there clair explained that he'd probably have to get it sized and get the diamond put in it so i wouldn't get it today. kinda sad but still excited none the less. well he came out with the box and opened it and it was BEAUTIFUL.. stunning. he said i could try it on and what do you know..PERFECT fit. so we wrapped it up and took it home. clair let me wear it on the way home but took it away once we got there. he had some errands to run and left me to be just wondering when i'd get it. so he came to pick me up for my FHE dinner then after that we had already planned to go up to the thanksgiving point gardens. he said he wanted it to be a somewhat of a surprise (giving me the ring) so i'd just have to be patient. ha ha if any of you know me i HATE surprises!!! anyways...we went up to the tulip festivle and it was GORGEOUS. i loved it. i had never been but i'd reccomend it to anyone. we walked the gardens, it was perfect weather.. we were looking over a waterfall talking..i went to the otherside.. and when i turned around he was on one knee..i started laughing and hardly waited for him to ask before i made him put it on me.. it was perfect.

3 comments:

Lexi Rae said...

Miss Metta! How are you?! Ok so I'm not sure how I found your blog ha ha but I'm glad I did! I LOVE your ring and am super excited for you!

Jason & Shannon said...

OH!!! That is sooo cute! I am so excited!!! If you need any help or have any questions call or text!

Kent and Leisy said...

i can't wait to see you and be at the wedding!!!!