Monday, March 23, 2009

My First Flight Alone







So I had a WONDERFUL spring break! I flew out Wednesday morning and landed first in the Minneapolis airport..my next flight didn’t leave for the next 3 and a half HOURS!!! REEEEEDICULOUS! So I pulled out my astronomy and finished my assignments for the rest of the semester with time to spare and went and grabbed something to eat and the US magazine for the week. ( this issue was full of gossip about the bachelor break up and Melissa on dancing with the stars ) I got on the plane and landed in the Detroit airport…walking off the plane I was COMPLETELY panicked. Never in my life had I seen this airport ( I had flown out of the Detroit airport two times before with my parents ) Not recognizing my surroundings coupled with clairs worries about my sister living in Ohio and my flying to Michigan I was terrified. Luckily Leisy called me then and told me there are two separate terminals.. One super ghetto (the one I was used to) and two the terminal bigger than a mall that has a train like thing reaching from end to end. Of course my plane landed on the complete opposite end of where Leisy was picking me up so I began my journey. I didn’t even take one walking pathway! Leisy called twice in the amount of time it took me to walk there. Finally I arrived with a VERY happy zebby. The highlight of my trip was the BRAVO! that’s most of what I did. Friends would text and call and ask what I had done and I would tell them I watched Make me a Super Model, or millionaire matchmaker, or the real housewives of New York city OR NCIS.

We did some shopping and I played with zebby and learned how to make the best pizza ever..if you want it go to Leisy’s blog and get it..the BBQ chicken pizza. Its AMAZING! And really quite easy! Other than those few things I just played with the kiddos! The return trip was just about the same..my layover I bought the book the Kite Runner and havn’t been able to put it down. It was a GREAT vacation but I was super excited to come home and see Clair.

2 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

good job on your alone flight! we loved loved loved having you here!! zeb keeps calling out for "etta"!

Steve and Hailey said...

Hey why don't you come be my nanny in six weeks? :)