Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 the new year --

well one of my MANY new years resolutions is to be a better blogger! so here I am. my goal is at least once a week update people on the life of Clair and Metta Semrad which didn't get exciting until just recently and hopefully soon will die down into boring again. As many of you (whoever even looks at my blog anymore) know i lost my job at Justice for girls. I worked there since i was 16 years old and enjoyed most of it. I got my own store in january of 2009 and january of 2011 the mall is closing Justice permanently. Don't worry Justice fans all the other stores will still be open.

So what are we doing now.. Clair still currently works at PMI in lehi and is working on getting a website up and going to pay for his tuition. He loves his job for the most part. I am still up in the air. I interview at Journeys today but i think i want to be out of the retail world. I also have interview with Buckle, and the center for women and children in crisis. I hope to work at the latter. it would be just a part time job but still a job and it would also count as an internship for me to finish school. I am in my last (kinda) semester of school. i will be able to 'walk' and take the CHES exam in april but i will have another 10 weeks of school to finish in the first block of the summer semesters. i am studying community health with an emphasis in education.. although i want to move more into the physical fitness aspect of the health field.

I did just celebrate my 22nd birthday which was fun. poor Clair has been extremely ill with bronchitis so the days leading up to my birthday were mostly spent of taking care of Clair and making sure he was still breathing. On the morning of the 4th. i got up and my cousin Janna and I went to breakfast and then to get our hair done.. she just trimmed hers while i did the works, color and SMALL trim. After we met up with my BFF Veronica and went to lunch and did a little shopping. it was a VERY relaxing day. After shopping I came home and Clair got me a Jillian Michaels dunbell set as well as P90X which i am SOOO excited to start. He also made dinner and Veronica and CJ came over and we ate dinner and watched a movie. I got TWO cakes :) both of which are my favorite kind..rice crispy. THANKS CLAIR AND MELYNNE!
also thanks for all the birthday wishes and I will try to continue to BLOG weekly! it may be short but i need to get in the habit of it all!!

3 comments:

Ashdopp said...

I didnt know Justice was closing, how crazy!! I hope you can get out of the retail world, I have loved being in a regular 9-5 job. Hope life is great!!

Jason & Shannon said...

YAY for posting! It's about time you posted, I hope you get the job you want!

Amy and Craig said...

hurray! I'm voting for you to keep this resolution!! Can't wait to know more about what's up with the Rad Semrads! happy bday mets!